Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where did the weather go?

I spent the 4th of July at Mendocino partly to escape the heat of Sacramento and partly to get in some more ocean paddling to prepare for my upcoming BC trip. Technically I succeeded on both accounts but I was a little warm paddling in my drysuit (in spite of the overcast skies and fog) and the ocean was more like a lake with tiny swells and little wind. But that made for some great conditions for exploring caves!

The California coast along Mendocino really has to be one of the most amazing places I've ever paddled. Lots of caves, tunnels and arches; incredibly scenic cliffs and forests; plenty of big waves and rock gardens; and a ice cream shop in town with free Wifi! Check out more pictures and the video below to see the beauty:

090703 Mendocino Sea Kayaking from Aqua Aevum on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment