Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Paddlefest!


Well, I was supposed to head out to Colorado to visit my dad and attend a whitewater festival in Salida but my truck had other ideas. So after several days of listening to mechanics reports like an anxious parent at the hospital I ended up staying home which enabled me to help out with CCK's annual Paddlefest on Lake Natoma. It's a day of clinics on Saturday (including Greenland rolling and rescues) and a day of demos on Sunday.

I wasn't teaching on Saturday but stopped by for a workout paddle and took some pictures. Greenland rolling was taught by Helen Wilson and is a thing of beauty to watch. The rescue clinic is always good to see - people in the cold water desperately trying to get back in their boats. There were also Stand-Up-Paddling and Fitnes clinics at the other end of the lake.

On Sunday, after helping unload and set up boats , I spend most of the day doing hourly kids clinics. Mostly it was just to keep the kids busy while their parents tried out some kayaks, but it was fun to see the littlest kids figure out how to get where they wanted to go (eventually). Then more kayak loading at the end of the day and a long weekend came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment