Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ocean training


In about a month I plan to head up to British Columbia on a seven week road trip of sea kayaking. And while I have been paddling a lot (as this blog shows) I haven't been doing much distance paddling, especially on the open ocean. So this past weekend I went down to San Francisco Bay and squeezed in three paddles. On Saturday I went out to Angel Island with a bunch of other Sacramento area paddlers and then, after a short break, back out on the Bay for a moonlight paddle.

Then on Sunday I headed out under the Golden Gate and paddled up the coast to Muir Beach. Fighting strong winds and the current it took almost three hours to get there. But riding the waves on the way back it took half as long. A good start for my BC training.

Video from Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment