Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Overnighter

Two days on the water, one night in camp, but somehow it's much more than that. An overnighter is greater than the sum of its parts. The chance to escape from the real world for a short period of time and live in a world of your own creation is something special that must be savored. It turns paddling into a much greater experience.

This past weekend I paddled Mill Creek off Mt. Lassen. After a two hour shuttle ride we hit the water where I managed to crack my boat, I swam out of an undercut, we did an unnecessary two hour portage where I suffered from heat exhaustion and we barely finished before dark. It was the best trip of season! Part of it was the great paddling, cool scenery and camping out in the wilderness. But mostly it was because I was with great friends - that's what makes for the best trips.

More pictures and high quality video.

No comments:

Post a Comment