Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time for the Show

The DVD's are here in hand (and available for ordering) and I've got some screenings scheduled and am working on more. The world premier of Paddle California will be at California Canoe & Kayak in Sacramento on Friday, Jan. 22 @ 7pm. Then I have a showing down in Half Moon Bay on the 24th and at CCK Oakland on the 29th. After that I head to the Pacific Northwest for some screenings (and paddling) before coming back home for the Golden Gate Sea Kayak Symposium. Then hopefully down to SoCal for some more shows and then several ACA courses in March. Looks like the year is filling up quickly.

I am very happy with how the DVD turned out and I'm really excited to share it with everyone. I'm expecting lots of friends who I know will be supportive (as they have been for the whole project) but I'm really curious as to how the general public will take to my little project. I have seen the footage so many times in editing that I no longer have a good perspective on what people will think seeing it for the first time. The response to the trailer (see below) has been good and I think it's a fairly accurate representation of the video as a whole.

Oh - I also got in a little paddling before the never ending series of storms starts tomorrow. Yesterday I dusted off my polo boat for a workout on the lake and today I hit Folsom Lake with a couple friends. Isn't that what's so great about boating - river, lake, ocean, flatwater, class V, exercise, relaxation - it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment